All payment plans have a 5% admin fee.
You will be able to select “Pay with Payment Plan" as your payment method at the checkout.
The Comprehensive Holistic Nurse, Nurse Coach & Consultant Certificate Program is available to RN’s, NP’s, and LPN’s
Click here to view the course material!
This nursing continuing professional development activity is accredited by the Canadian Nurses Association (CNA), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), and endorsed by the Canadian Holistic Nurses Association (CHNA) & Watson Caring Science Institute (WCSI).
Prerequisite: RN, NP, LPN, RPN
Duration: 6-month interactive program offered completely online; additional 4 months to complete coaching practicum, if needed
Course Language: English (French advisor available)
Format: Weekly interactive virtual 3-hr classes (currently held on Monday’s); for those unable to attend class(es), recordings will be available
Comprehensive Holistic Nurse, Nurse Coach & Consultant added features and bonuses
Want to enhance your current practice; or, start an independent practice? Join in our next Comprehensive Holistic Nurse, Nurse Coach & Consultant Certificate Program, and you will:
- Receive 135 continuing education hours (use towards Continuing Competencies and/or nursing license renewal *note: subject to provincial regulatory body’s guidelines)
- Learn & Practice through a Trauma-Informed Lens
- Receive the NEW Nurse Consultant Module (gain confidence and learn strategies for implementing change in any practice environment!)
- Learn, Collaborate & Form Lifetime Friendships with other like-minded nurses and trailblazers
- Engage in Fun Interactive Assignments & Activities, including exploring your Chakras!
- Enjoy a Supportive Experiential Learning Environment with Guest Speakers
- Breathwork; Guided Meditations; Indigenous Practices; and, more!
- Enjoy Intimate Group Settings with a Personal Advisor & Private Student Chat Rooms
- Join us in Live Virtual Classes (* recorded for those who cannot attend)
- Live Virtual Coaching Opportunities
- Receive Exclusive Discounts & Special Invitations as a Graduate (*free access to Coaching & Healing Circles; and, more!)
- Resources such as: guided imagery scripts and audio recordings; articles; self-care tools; and more!
- Receive a Beautiful Graduation Pin & Certificate to showcase your achievements
Printable Desktop Manuals on the following topics (for personal and professional reference)
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Nutrition: Holistic & Functional
- Lifestyle Nursing
- Just Breathe!
- Introduction to Your Chakras (including a Chakra Assessment)
- Coaching Manual: TheCIINDE Way to Nurse Coach
- Reflective Journal Workbook & Self-Care Plan
Join our next cohort starting April 2024!
Registration opens January 1st, 2024; deadline to apply is March 30th, 2024.
Want EARLY ACCESS to the CLASSROOM on April 2nd, register no later than March 30th. Early access is encouraged as it allows you to get acquainted and comfortable with each other and the learning platform.
This program is recognized by AHNCC and can be used to meet the CE requirements for individuals applying for the holistic nursing (HN) or nurse coaching (NC) examination or towards the required continuing competency hours for renewal of the HN or NC certifications.
Tuition: $6,495.00 CAD + Tax
One time full payment or six equal monthly payments (+3% financing fee)
Note: You will be able to select your payment option when applying. There is a non-refundable administration and application review fee of $50.00 CAD. There is a non-refundable fee of $500.00 CAD to hold your seat for the course start date (which will be deducted from the price of the program upon payment).
Refund Policy: Please note, there will be no refunds once the course begins.
Spring 2024 Class Dates – Register by March 30th • Classes are on Mondays
Monday Class Times:
10:00AM – 1:00PM MST (except for Coaching Collaborative days)
9:30AM – 2:30PM MST
A unique blend of virtual meetings and independent study allow you to learn at your own pace in the comfort of your home!
April 15 – Class 1
April 22 – Class 2
April 29 – Class 3
May 6 – Class 4
May 13 – Coaching Collaborative #1
May 27 – Coaching Collaborative #2
June 3 – Coaching Collaborative #3
June 10 – Class 5
June 17 – Class 6
June 24 – Class 7
August 26 – Coaching Collaborative #4
Septmeber 9 – Class 8
September 16 – Class 9
September 23 – Class 10
September 30 – Class 11
Comprehensive Holistic Nurse & Nurse Coaching Certificate Program
Are you interested in…
- Enhancing your current nursing practice
- Reviving the joy of nursing by learning how to bridge the gap between the heart and science of nursing
- Developing listening, presence and intuition skills
- Gaining a deeper understanding of how prolonged stress and trauma affect physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Mindfulness-based strategies for yourself and others
- Health & Wellness Nurse Coaching skills and strategies
- Learning about complementary interventions and how to implement these into your current or future practice & what it means to be a Holistic Nurse/Nurse Coach in your jurisdiction of practice
- Starting an independent practice as a Holistic Nurse/Nurse Coach in your jurisdiction of practice
Become one of our trained Holistic Nurse Coaches and get featured in our directory!
Holistic Nursing as a specialty is grounded in the teachings of Florence Nightingale (1820-1910) who believed that nursing comprised more than the treatment of disease and/or symptoms.
The American Holistic Nurse’s Association (AHNA) defined holistic nursing as an “attitude, a philosophy, and a way of being”.
The Comprehensive Holistic Nurse & Nurse Coaching Certificate Program is designed to inform nurses of the attitudes, philosophies and theoretical underpinnings of Holistic Nursing (HN) practice and to the characteristics that define HN as a specialty practice.
Holistic Nurses recognize the interconnectedness of mind, body, spirit and environment; that whole-care is a manifestation of the complementary role that exists between science and art; and, that the nurse who holds space and acts as an instrument and/or facilitator of healing with others engages in practices that promote self-care and healing within.
Students will explore the concept of Holism as the ‘interconnectedness of mind-body-spirit and environment’ and will be introduced to holistic modalities intended to complement and/or enhance both personal health practices and nursing practice, particularly as it is under a Western Medical model.
Using Dossey and Keegan’s text (2013) Holistic Nursing: A Handbook for Practice, 6th Ed., as a guide, students will explore topics such as:
- History, Theories and Trends
- Self-awareness, Self-care and Self-development as a Holistic Nurse
- Integrative approaches to assessment including the Integrative Health and Wellness Assessment
- Holistic healing through modalities such as Healing Touch, Guided Imagery, Whole Nutrition, and more
- Spirituality, Cultural, and End-of-life care using a holistic approach
- Healing through the Arts
- Role of the Holistic Nurse across the ages
- Holistic Nurse in practice
- 5-Step Nurse Coaching process
- Holistic Nursing and Technology
- and more!
The Comprehensive Holistic Nurse & Nurse Coaching Certificate Program, a 6-month on-line program that provides students with the flexibility of studying at their own pace anywhere, anytime. Experiential learning opportunities, virtual classes and supervised coaching practicum hours provide students with both new skills and the opportunity to create lifelong relationships with your peers and instructors.
Section One – Foundation, Theory and Becoming a Holistic Nurse/Coach
Section one provides students with a foundation in the history and theoretical underpinnings of Holistic and Integrative nursing practice as well as the Nurse as a Role Model and Facilitator of Healing (for self & others). Students will engage in holistic practices that enhance mindfulness including centering, grounding and intentionality and will be supported in their journey to becoming a Holistic Nurse/Coach.
Exploring the role of the Holistic Nurse as Role Model and Facilitator of Healing–for self & others—includes the concept of self-care as an essential component of self-responsibility. When nurses practice extreme self-care, they embody and represent the values that they wish to see in their clients!
Self-care will be emphasized through self-reflection and the development of self-awareness, self-acceptance, self-compassion and bringing balance into one’s life.
Students will begin to explore the role of the Nurse Coach, the transformational power of coaching questions and the use of behavioral change models such as Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Appreciative Inquiry and more.
Student activities include participatory class attendance (included live discussions); assigned readings; reflective journaling with development of an Integral Self-Care Plan/Tool Kit; and, collaboration and coaching with peers/dyad partner. All coaching sessions are recorded and submitted for feedback. Theoretical Content in section one includes:
- Core Values and Scope & Standards of Practice
- Holistic & Integrative Nursing Theories
- Holistic & Integrative Health Assessments
- Holistic Caring Process
- Healing Environments
- Empathy, Mindfulness and Presence
- Therapeutic Communication to Holistic Communication
- Transpersonal Theory
- Behavioral Change Models & Strategies
Section Two – Exploration & Application
Students continue to engage in centering, grounding, and intentionality refining their skills in mindful presence.
Further exploration of the Holistic Nurse as Role Model and Facilitator of Healing–for self & others– requires the student to do deep personal work related to self-development/reflection/acceptance.
Student activities include participatory class attendance (included live discussions); assigned readings; reflective journaling with continued development of an Integral Self-Care Plan/Tool Kit; use of coaching questions in personal development and during practical coaching sessions with peers/dyad partner.
Students will engage in coaching interactions with their dyad partner (minimum 2 coaching sessions during this section) utilizing behavioural change models, tools and coaching questions.
Additional Theoretical Content in section two includes:
- The Coaching Process
- Coaching Case Studies
- Challenges in Coaching Interactions
Section Three – Complementary & Integrative Modalities (CIM’s)
Section 3 introduces students to Complementary and Alternative Modalities (CAMs) and approaches and the integration of these into practice; more particularly, aromatherapy, guided imagery/visualization, relaxation including breathwork/meditation/mindfulness/yoga), whole nutrition and gut-health, mind-body-spirit connection, and energy modalities.
Students are provided with practical learning experiences during this section, including (optional) participation in a demonstration of energy healing and/or Integrative Chakra Therapy.
Student will start to explore whole nutrition in their own lives and will begin to implement complementary approaches (i.e. essential oils; guided imagery; etc.) into their self-care development and Reflective Journaling.
Students will continue to engage in coaching with their dyad partner (minimum 3 coaching sessions during this section):
- Students will include one complementary approach during the coaching session (e.g. breathwork; guided imagery; visualization; etc.) with dyad partner. The modality used will be at the discretion of the dyad-partner being coached, as long as it is one that the coach is comfortable using (mutually agreed upon)
- Coaching session two: mind-body-spirit coaching
- Coaching session three: nutritional health coaching
During section 3, students will seek additional ‘pro-bono’ coaching clients (a permission and confidentiality form will be signed by both client and student and submitted to the course instructor or designate).
Additional Theoretical Content in section three includes:
- CIM’s and Professional Practice
- Exploration of CIM’s & Healing with the Arts
- Energy Healing
- Integrating Western & Traditional Approaches to Care
- Mind-Body-Spirit Connection
- Holistic Nutrition & Gut Health
Section Four – Foundations of Practice
Students will explore holistic nursing and nurse coaching practice through a Canadian lens, examining provincial guidelines and independent nursing practice as it relates to holistic nursing practice and nurse coaching in both the institution and in private practice. Students will be introduced to information and services of the Canadian Nurses Protective Society (CNPS) including legal considerations and how to address legal queries.
Students will be introduced to the Canadian Holistic Nurses Association (CHNA) and will be directed to information related to the process of acquiring board certification as a Holistic Nurse and/or Nurse Coach through the American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation (AHNCC). Note: Students choosing not to become board-certified through AHNCC will still receive a Certificate of Achievement from TheCIINDE Ltd.
Students will gather for a live interactive class providing an opportunity to share how their personal and/or professional practice has/has not changed over the course of the program including the opportunity for Q & A.
Student activities include participatory class attendance (including live discussions); assigned readings; reflective journaling summarizing their integral self-care plan (for the purpose of sharing during the final class – note: this is optional).
Students continue to engage in coaching with their dyad partner (following up on coaching from previous section (three)).
Students have a maximum of two months from the final class to accrue minimum number of required coaching hours.
Additional Theoretical Content in section two includes:
- Holistic Nursing and Coaching in Canada
- Provincial Guidelines | Considerations in Canadian Practice
- Considerations for Institution and Private Practice Settings
- Canadian Nurse’s Protective Society (CNPS)
- Canadian Holistic Nurse’s Association (CHNA)|American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA)
- American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation (AHNCC)|Board Certification Process
Dossey & Keegan’s Holistic Nursing: A Handbook for Practice, Eighth Edition covers basic and advanced concepts of holism, demonstrating how holistic nursing spans all specialties and levels.
Nurse Coaching: Integrative Approaches for Health and Wellbeing By Barbara Montgomery Dossey, Susan Luck, and Bonney Gulino Schaub Paperback—October 2014.
The Art and Science of Nurse Coaching
The nurse-client relationship is at the core of quality nursing care. Nurse coaching is a structured, relationship-centered approach that promotes achievement of client goals.