The Holistic Cannabis Nurse Program
On April 20, 2022 TheCIINDE© in collaboration with Kala Sanmartin will be launching our newest program to the public.
Price: $1995 + $50 non-refundable registration fee +HST
Max Students: 25
Launch Date: April 20, 2023 (6 months to complete)
Enroll Anytime: Self-paced with live Q&A sessions
Continuing Education Hours will be awarded upon successful completion.
The Holistic Cannabis Nursing Program will take you through a deep dive into understanding the ancient medicine of cannabis, the intricacies of this holistic healing modality and the powerful role of a nurse within cannabinoid care. Cannabis’ unique history of being first an ancient healing tool, then a prohibited substance (based on morality), to its re-emergence as holistic medicine has created excitement for those suffering from chronic health conditions (i.e. chronic pain). Having said this, there is still a complex landscape of resistance related to stigma that we need to navigate.
Ideally, nurses–and, more particularly those trained in cannabis care and the intricate endocannabinoid system–are perfectly positioned to hold space, provide guidance and education, and to advocate for individuals as they explore finding an effective safe cannabis regime to fit their needs. These needs can lay within any or all of the four domains – physical, mental, spiritual and emotional.
To establish a holistic knowledge base about cannabis you will explore 6 different sections:
1. Equity – examines cannabis history, stigma, current policy and legalization and the impact on individuals healthcare providers and communities
2. Cannabis – learn about the anatomy, physiology and pharmacology of the Endocannabinoid system and cannabinoids
3. Evidence – role of evidenced informed nursing care; explore the current state of clinical research for common ailments
4. Nurse – briefly review and explore theories related to holistic nursing and basic nurse coaching techniques to enhance and support your interactions with individuals, as well as to understand the importance of caring for yourself and your Endocannabinoid system as a nurse
5. Client – explore contraindications and special considerations for individuals considering cannabis use, how to put cannabinoid nursing care through the holistic nursing process and how to create suggested Endocannabinoid system protocols for individuals and document your interactions
6. DREAM BIG! this section will leave will have you feeling empowered and excited about the future role you could have as a cannabis trained nurse
Enhance your knowledge-base through creative assignments, while developing tools you can use in your practice, whether this is in an independent practice; to influence policy and change within current work environments; as a public educator and/or advocate; or, to support individuals in enhancing their quality of life in a powerful holistic way.
Clinical research and the legal cannabis industry is in the infancy stage. Having nurses play a role in the evolving cannabis industry is a powerful way to honour the healing holistic potential of the cannabis plant while protecting public safety through trusted education.
Textbook Required for this course: